As much as I resisted, I could no longer deny the change I was encouraged to make. For a very long time, many friends and clients told me that I should be charging for my readings. I did not feel right asking for money in exchange for sharing something that I felt was given to me to help others. I believed that my desire to take classes, read books and practice my ability to connect with Spirit, was just for me. I loved how many people I was able to reach and help with something that came so naturally to me. However, during my readings Spirit began to send me messages that lead me to look more closely at what starting a spiritual business would mean. I also began to recognize how me doing readings was negatively affecting my personal life. With that realization came the reminder of what my grandmother and many others have told me, “There needs to be an even exchange of energy, to keep balance.” I had noticed after years of giving free readings, I was feeling depleted and uncertain if this is what I was supposed to be doing. Then I had many people I did readings for tell me that they didn’t feel right NOT paying me. I also had many others tell me that they knew people who could use my help but that they wouldn’t send them my way until I began charging. My hope of helping others was dying because of my personal choice. Then I had several readings in a row with people who were looking into starting their own spiritual businesses, who had created their own small businesses, and who had experience in building up their own business. I learned a lot about business through these readings AND the people I read were kind enough to encourage and even offer to help me start a business of my own. Yeah, I was that person who prayed to God saying “Lord, please give me a sign”, and I could no longer ignore the signs that were smacking me upside the head. I knew it was time for change and I decided to use it as an opportunity for growth. So, now I have my new business, Nicole Glosser LLC, where I am currently offering one-hour phone and video chat readings. Instead of spreading myself too thin, I’m moving this website/blog onto my new website, https://nicoleglosser.com. With everything in one place, I can finally work smarter and not harder. I hope you continue to follow me along my spiritual journey because it’s far from over. Hope to see you there!
I’ve already discussed common characteristics of an empath in my previous post “You Might Be An Empath If…“. I also shared some examples of “How to Protect Yourself as an Empath“, including visualizing an “Empath Shield“. Once you’ve acknowledge your abilities as an empath and learned how to protect your personal energy, you can now take advantage of all the awesome gifts that come with being an empath.
When you are an empath you are able to do a lot more than you’d think.
- You are able to recognize when people lie to you. However, as empaths, you like to hope for the best when it comes to other’s intentions. So, you often ignore the signs.
- With practice, you can learn to clear your energy with meditation. This will help you feel more balanced and less cloudy.
- Empaths are some of the most creative people. You can channel your feelings and the energy you pick up from the universe and translate it into art.
- You are easily able to connect with animals on a higher level than most people can.
- When you feel happy, you feel super duper happy. Enjoy it!
- You can sense which people and places to steer clear from, allowing you to avoid bad situations.
- You have no need to be fake. Since, you can pick up on other people’s energy around you, you can tell how much you need to say and how little.
- Empaths have the ability to sense when a friend or family member needs them to reach out.
- Being empathic allows you to appreciate the beauty in everything around you.
- Once you learn how to clear out unnecessary energy from your energy, you’ll be able to see the world more clearly.
- Empaths feel called to help others and are amazing natural healers.
- It is very easy for empaths to relate to others. This makes empaths remarkably good listeners.
There are surely many more great advantages to being an empath. These are just a few of them. Now, use your gift to help others and help yourself be a better person.
- Recognize and appreciate that you are an empath.
- Read You Might Be An Empath If… and if you connect with most of the characteristics, you are most likely an empath. Understand that many parts of your personality are influenced by this intuitive gift. Now, accept and acknowledge your abilities and learn how to protect yourself.
- Take care of yourself.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. Water not only flushes out toxins in your body but it can also help flush toxic energy out of your body.
- Exercise regularly. Yoga is a great exercise to practice because it helps strengthen your body while also calming your mind. Walking outside and is also a good option. It allows you to work your muscles and also connect with nature.
- Epsom salt baths are a great way to detoxify your body, relieve tension and it also lets you to connect with water, a natural element.
- Picturing an Empath Shield in front of your Solar Plexus Chakra will help keep you from picking up other people’s energy.
- Imagining a Protection Bubble around you will help you block negative energy from coming into your personal space.
- Spiritual Grounding is a great way to let the world’s energy flow through you, instead of getting trapped in you. Holding on to other people’s energy can become toxic.
- When you sense that you are picking up on someone else’s emotions or physical ailments, send it back to them with love. There is no need for you both to be suffering. First recognize that it is not your own. Then, ask God (or the Universe) to surround it with light and return it to the true owner. Pray for that person and ask God to help them through it.
- Create Boundaries
- Stay away from Energy Vampires (post coming soon), people who make you feel drained.
- Regularly clear your space of negative energy by smudging. Read my post, How I Spiritually Clean House, to find out more.
- Empaths can recharge themselves by spending time alone. Take time to remove yourself from other people’s energy on a regularly basis. However, there’s no need to become a hermit with all these protection options.
- Connect with nature by spending time outside or bring nature inside with house plants.
- Meditation is a great way to cleanse yourself from other people’s energy, relax and recharge. You can find some great guided meditations on YouTube. Don’t feel discouraged if it doesn’t work right away for you. It often takes practice for people to learn how to quiet their minds in order to meditate. I often say, “If you fall asleep, you’re doing it right.”
An empath is a person who is able to pick up on other people’s energy and can sense their mental and/or emotional state. Many people don’t even realize they are an empath. Every empath is different but, if you are an empath, you’ll relate to most of the characteristics listed below.
- Empaths can feel other people’s physical ailments and/or emotional struggles without trying. This can cause an empath to appear to have sudden “mood swings”. However, it’s the empath picking up on another person’s energy.
- They feel emotionally overwhelmed by violent and emotional information from media: the news, movies, books, etc.
- They can sense when someone is lying. However, since empaths tend to be kindhearted, they give them the benefit of the doubt and don’t trust the intuitive feeling they are getting.
- People feel very comfortable speaking with empaths. It’s very common for people, often strangers, to share their life stories with an empath.
- Empaths are not good with small talk. They prefer deep conversation.
- They can easily read other people’s body language and tone. This allows them to get more information from people beyond the verbal information that is being shared.
- Empaths love to help others. However, they have to be careful to not put the needs of others before their own.
- They are natural healers and are drawn to professions related to healing like being a nurse, counselor, etc.
- Because they don’t like being the center of attention, empaths usually don’t know how to receive compliments.
- Empaths tend to be quiet but, they find it very easy to verbally share their own feelings.
- They tend to feel uncomfortable, overwhelmed and drained when around large groups of people. They regularly need time alone to recharge.
- They feel very close to nature and animals. Empaths often prefer to spend the time outside and/or around animals rather than indoors and around people. Being outdoors and around animals can actually help empaths feel recharged.
- Empaths are natural peacekeepers and avoid confrontation. When they do get angry, they don’t stay angry for long. They are quick to forgive.
- It’s very common for empaths to be creative, imaginative, inquisitive and affectionate.
Let’s take a minute and construct a new world without physical limitations. We’ll look at the concrete world we live in now and decide what we need and don’t need when you take away physical drawbacks. First, let’s think of a few aspects of our lives that are rather materialistic. There’s the obvious one that most people think of first, our bodies: our physical and mental health. Then there is our environment: buildings, vehicles, plants, etc. And don’t forget about all the stuff we work our tails off to buy: clothes, food, homes, and so on.
Now think about how much our bodies control us. We spend most of our lives worried about the shape of our corporeal selves. Are we skinny enough? Are we healthy enough? Is our mental health in check? Without bodies, our new world will not need fitness centers. We won’t need doctors or hospitals. And this is the same as the spirit world. Those of you whom have lost loved ones that struggled in their bodies here on earth, please know that they are free now. They can dance and twirl, skip and jump and be free of pain. Those of you whom lost loved ones to mental disorders or diseases, please know that they have found clarity on the other side. And I truly pray that knowing this brings you some sort of comfort and peace.
In our new world without physical limitations, there will be no need for buildings. Without bodies, who needs shelter? There will be no need for cars, boats, planes or even streets. Spirits are able to travel by thought alone because they don’t have bodies to lug around. Plants? Who needs plants to make oxygen when nobody has lungs? Who needs plants to eat, when we don’t have stomachs? This is the same in on the other side. Now, I’m saying these things don’t exist over there. I don’t know, I haven’t been there yet. But, I can easily guess, they aren’t needed.
So far, our new world is lacking quite a bit of what we are used to. But, what about everything we work so hard to buy? Well, we already talked about how we don’t need plants to eat or anything else for that matter. Food is fuel for our bodies, which we don’t have in the new world we are building. We don’t need grocery stores then, right? Oh, and homes? That’s a form of unnecessary shelter, like mentioned earlier. There’s no need for clothes when you have nothing to cover up? Bye-bye retail stores! It looks like we don’t need money either. Just like the saying goes, “You can’t take it with you!”
By now you might be thinking: “Hmmm, this new world isn’t sounding so great.” But, think of it this way, all these physical limitations are actually distractions. They deter us from our true purpose which is to grow spiritually. And I truly believe that in order for our souls to grow, we must love and care for each other. Guess what, love is not materialistic! So, be kind, share love and be true to your purpose. Because a listening ear, a helping hand, and quality time together is worth a lot more than a fancy car or a big house in this life and the next.
We all pick up on the energy around us. Ever sit next to someone who is so angry that you feel it? It can either make you feel angry yourself or make you feel like you should move away from them. It’s because you are picking up on their energy. As a spiritual sensitive, picking up energy is very common and amplified for me. I am constantly receiving information from the world around me. I have learned to block it but, it can be draining and it isn’t always effective.
Think of yourself as a computer. You only have a limited amount of space in your folder called “other people’s data”. Downloading other people’s data (intentionally or not) can fill up that folder quickly and drain your battery. So, it’s a good idea to move the unnecessary data to another location, like the internet. Grounding is a great way to do this. Grounding is an opportunity for us to connect with our world, with God and with our higher selves. But, most importantly in this situation, grounding allows us to let the endless stream of data to flow through us instead of getting stuck in us. When you carry around data from other people and spirits around you, it can be very overwhelming and exhausting. Of course you can use your Protection Bubble but, that just keeps the negative stuff out. Grounding allows you to download the unwanted data and release it into the world-wide web, a.k.a. the Earth.
It is always best to be physically touching the Earth when you ground yourself but, it isn’t necessary. Find a quiet place (outside if possible) and get comfortable in a chair or a seated position with your feet flat on the floor/ground and your back straight. You can rest your hands on your knees or press your palms together. Do what feels right to you. Close your eyes and quiet your mind, like you would when you meditate. Pray to God, asking Him to send His healing white light down to you. Visualize the light coming from the sky and entering the top of your head (your crown chakra) and filling your body. That light is not just God’s holy light but, it also contains the information you receive from the energies around you. Now, picture roots growing from the bottom of your tailbone and the bottoms of your feet. Imagine those roots extending from your body and growing into the earth beneath you. As the roots spread out, visualize the unwanted data and energy flowing through your body and into the roots. Please be sure to keep visualizing your body full of light. You do NOT want to release God’s light or your energy from your body. Your goal is to save your data and battery life while downloading other people’s stuff onto the internet. You are returning the unwanted energy back to where it came from. If you are grounding while indoors, picture the roots breaking through the floor beneath you, through the building’s foundation and then entering the earth.
Just like with most things, you must believe in this process for it to help you. It will take practice and it will take time but, it will be worth it in the end. Feel free to make this your own. Add music, if you’d like too. Or do your grounding in the shower. I hope this helps you feel lighter and brighter.
If you’re like me, crowds are overwhelming for you to be around. If you’re like me, you can easily pick up on others’ emotions and even take them on as if they are your own, without even trying. If this sounds like you, you are probably what most people call an Empath and you are probably EXHAUSTED!
Even though I’d prefer to stay home or at least stay close to home (another trait of an Empath), grocery store runs are a necessity for our family of five. I needed a way to go out in public with less anxiety and less fear because it’s draining. So, I read many websites and books and watched lots of videos and a few webinars. I was able to learn a few things that have helped me. First, everyone has seven spiritual centers called chakras. They start at the base of your tailbone and count up to the top of your head. The third chakra is in our stomach area and is called the Solar Plexus. It’s the center that helps us tap into our intuition and pick up on the emotional energy of the people around us. So, the anxiety, panic and fear I feel in crowded places, mostly likely comes from unknowingly taking on the unwanted energies from all the people around me through my chakra. Ever notice how you might cover your stomach with a pillow, a purse, or even your crossed arms when you are in public? That’s your intuition telling you to block your Solar Plexus from allowing other people’s energy from joining your energy.
Since we don’t always have a pillow handy, visualizing some kind of a buffer between your Solar Plexus and the public can help stop you from picking up unwanted emotional energy. I’ve heard of some people picturing oversized championship belts. I even have a friend who prefers to imagine a corset covering her stomach for protection. For me, a circular shield of light in front of my belly is my go-to image that prevents me from accidentally gathering emotions that don’t belong to me. What ever you decide to visualize, the key is believing that the image you choose truly does block the energy coming from others. Don’t worry if you can’t do it right away. Like everything, it will take time and practice. Take your time and do what works for you.
It’s important to make sure you protect yourself when opening up to the spirit world. Just like in the physical world, there are negative beings in the spirit world too. I choose not to interact with wicked entities but, that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. My grandmother taught me to protect myself by visualizing a bubble around me. I’ve read about other psychics and mediums using protection bubbles too. I’ve come up with a process that works best for me. You are welcome to use the same technique as I do, or make your own.
First, I find a quiet place, sit down and get comfortable. I close my eyes and breathe meditatively. Then I pray to God and ask Him to send down His holy light. I picture the golden white light pouring from above and into the top of my head. It moves downward gently like paint running down a wall as it fills my entire body from top to bottom. Once my body is full of light, the light radiates outward and encircles my body. It expands and creates a bubble of golden white light around me. Next I say “Only positive spirits who walk in the Lord’s white light are allowed in my bubble. All negative energies are repelled by the light and not allowed to enter.” I repeat this to my spirit guides, to spirits and to the spirit world, until the energy is clear and I feel peaceful.
When I first started using a protection bubble, I went through the process of visualizing it each morning. After a while, I had to do it less frequently and I was able to complete the visualization faster. With practice, you’ll be able to do this in a flash. Follow your intuition and do what feels right to you and it will come easy.
I like to spiritually clean my house at least once a month. I do it more if I am holding sessions or if I have lots of guests over. I found that my favorite way to release unwanted energies from my house is with smudging. Smudging is a practice originating from Native Americans. They burn sacred herbs and use the smoke to clear negative energy from a space. This is how I do it:
Dried white sage leaves
Shallow, fireproof bowl
Folded paper or envelope (something to push the smoke)
Open a window on each floor of your home during this process. This provides an exit for the negative energy. Before beginning, ask God to help you release the negative energy from your home. Begin at the entrance of your home and then go to the right. Go along the ceiling, working your way around the entire house. Don’t forget dark spaces, like attics, basements and closets. Anything attached to your home should be included. The entire time you are spreading the smoke around your home, continually repeat “Only loving spirits who live in God’s holy light are allowed here. All negative energies MUST go in God’s name.” I do not feel you need to use these exact words but, something with similar meaning. Whatever, feels right for you. You must believe that your words have power for this to work. Some people like to sprinkle holy water in each room to bless them before ending the clearing. Most people can feel a difference in their homes immediately. It will often feel brighter and like a weight has been lifted. I hope this works for you as well as it does for me.
I was chatting with a new friend who is on a journey similar to mine. We talked about how the people in our lives reacted to us telling them about our gifts. I know, right? As if embracing your spiritual gifts isn’t hard enough, now you have to tell others.
You partly want to share your newly discovered abilities because you are so relieved that you aren’t crazy. You also want to tell those close to you because, once you get past the fear, it’s kind of neat. You finally feel like your life makes sense. You might even feel like you’ve found your life’s purpose and you want to shout it from the rooftops. You really just want to share your new journey with someone you trust. But, then you realize that when you tell others that you can see and feel things that most can’t, they will most likely think you are nuts.
When you step out of the Psychic Closest you’ll have mixed reviews. If everyone runs to you with open arms and embraces your gifts, you are the rare, lucky one. Unfortunately, it’s very possible that at least one person in your family and friend group will get mad (for some unknown reason), another might be scared, another will most likely look at you as if they don’t know who you are anymore and another person could possibly turn their back on you. So, be prepared to feel alone but, know that you aren’t the only one.
You will want to find others like you. You are just craving people who will believe in you and understand what you’re talking about. You are looking for acceptance. You don’t have to go to a spiritualist church to find it. You don’t have to pay hundreds of dollars to join a class or an online group to get it. Remember, you have a gift. Use it! Follow your intuition. Go ahead and search online and read books (that’s what I did and continue to do) but, if something or someone doesn’t feel right, it most likely isn’t. Besides people with spiritual gifts are everywhere. I’m just one of many, just like you. Remember, you’ll find the people you’re supposed to find. Who knows? You might find a spiritually gifted person living just down the street from you.